Daniel Marvin recently participated in “LIASB Overtime:” the Long Island Advancement of Small Business’ online business development series where listeners get insightful information on various business topics from business professionals that address direct questions from those in attendance.
The topic of discussion was Cyber-security: Common Sense Best Practices, and the issues covered include:
• Why would hackers target small businesses?
• What types of cyber-attacks are there?
• What risks/costs do small businesses face as the result of a cyber-attack? • What can be done by small businesses to mitigate the risks of a cyber-attack?
• What should a business do if it is attacked?
• Is cyber insurance necessary?
• Are there any special considerations for providing information to third party vendors or securing services in the cloud?
You can listen to the discussion here.