Partner Christopher Martin and Associate Seth Garrod secured summary judgment in a toxic tort case involving multiple plaintiffs. The plaintiffs were employees of a retail store located in a shopping mall. They were exposed to sewer back-up carbon dioxide gas for multiple months and suffered pulmonary and neurological injuries. Our client was the commercial plumbing company allegedly responsible for improper installation of water and sewer lines. Through discovery it was established that the gas emanating from the area in the retail premises was caused by actions taken by the store’s owner and exacerbated by other contractors and governmental entities. In this light the court found no genuine issue of fact as to the conduct of our client and entered summary judgment dismissing all claims against it with prejudice.