With 75 years of experience in all phases of insurance defense, our attorneys’ expertise is broad-based and includes general liability, hospital and physician professional liability, professional errors and omissions (E&O), directors and officers (D&O), umbrella and excess coverage, all risk, and environmental impairment coverage. The firm’s marine group overlaps with the insurance practice group and has expertise in ship repairer’s legal liability, protection and indemnity, charterer’s liability, and hull coverage.
Our attorneys have extensively litigated and arbitrated occurrence and date of loss issues, claims made and notice of circumstance issues, the application of various exclusions, interpretation of property damage, limits of liability and aggregates, “other insurance” and allocation issues, late notice defenses, claims cooperation and control disputes, “bad faith” claims, products and completed operations coverage issues, and additional insured questions.
- Acted as national counsel for London market exposure leaders in asbestos coverage litigation
- Acted as coverage and litigation counsel for various foreign insurers in litigation involved environmental risks
- Litigated the applications of proper retro dates of coverage
- Litigated on behalf of excess insurer merits of advertising injury coverage
- Acted as coverage and litigation counsel regarding coverage for breast implant litigation
- Acted as coverage and litigation counsel regarding anti trust coverage litigation
- Acted as coverage and litigation counsel for domestic insurer involved in heating system litigation
- Acted as coverage and litigation counsel regarding coverage for punitive damages in litigation
- Represented insurers in arbitration regarding application of exclusion in pharmaceutical claims
- Litigated coverage for advertising injury for claims of product disparagement, unfair competition, trademark infringement, and invasion of privacy