Last week, Morrison Mahoney Associate Justin Starr presented at the 20th Annual MCLE Workers’ Compensation Law Conference. The event panel that he participated in addressed Effective Compliance with 452 CMR.
Justin’s discussion panel covered the following topics:
- Understanding the requirements in filing claims with the Department of Industrial Accidents
- Nuances to the regulations
- Recent case law and rulings which helped shape the regulations
- Views of 452 CMR from the bench
- Helpful practice tips to fully utilize 452 CMR
- Conducting effective Discovery pursuant 452 CMR Sec. 1.12
- Proposed revisions to 452 CMR Sec. 1.12 to better preserve the fundamental principles of fairness emphasized by the MA courts
Some of the materials that Justin wrote for the semimar were published by MCLE titled Effective Compliance with 452 CMR Sec. 1.12 Discovery and Depositions.