John is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. His practice focuses on construction, transportation (automobile, bus, and train accidents), premises liability, education law, liquor liability, products liability, property claims, tort and liability defense and cybersecurity. He is a trial lawyer who has first-chaired more than 75 bench and jury trials involving cases of varying degrees of complexity and severity over the past 26 years.
John has been with the firm since 1995 and a partner since 2002. In addition to his extensive trial experience, John has experience handling appeals, and he has argued several appeals in the Massachusetts Court of Appeals and Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. He is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine.
John earned the designation of Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). With direct knowledge of the wide range of complex issues presented by cybersecurity attacks, John offers practical strategies for data breach prevention, detection, and mitigation, and is prepared to guide clients in responding to data breaches. He is also equipped to advise clients about regulatory inquires relating to the development, modification and implementation of written information security plans (WISPs), employee data security policies, third-party vendor contracts and corporate governance policies.
- Defense verdict following a two-day trial in Dedham District Court on a case involving a motor vehicle accident
- Favorable verdict in Suffolk Superior Court in a case resulting from the collision of a public transit bus with a building in Revere
- Defense verdict and successful appeal of wrongful death pedestrian action against leasing company.
- Defense verdict in wrongful death action premised upon failure of defendant to coordinate medical services after decedent suffered heart attack.
- Successful appeal before Massachusetts SJC for retroactive application of statute eliminating interest in actions against MBTA.
- Defense verdict in multi-million dollar lawsuit involving the amputation of a plaintiff’s leg in accident involving a train.
- Favorable resolutions of thousands of lawsuits, including slip and falls, trip and falls, construction accidents, product liability claims, car, bus, truck and train accidents, dram shop claims, fire and explosion claims, medical malpractice claims and other general liability/premises liability cases.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Noteworthy Accomplishments, Honors & Awards