Website Morrison Mahoney LLP
Morrison Mahoney LLP is an AV-rated law firm with 10 offices in the northeast and is expanding its offices. Members of our team enjoy opportunity for advancement, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and a collegial and collaborative work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees.
Morrison Mahoney LLP seeks a medical malpractice attorney for its Hartford, Connecticut office. This is an excellent opportunity for medical malpractice defense attorneys who wish to further develop in their careers by working with nationally recognized attorneys.
Morrison Mahoney LLP is known as one of the preeminent insurance defense law firms in the Northeast which defends and litigates lawsuits across a broad range of practice areas including, but not limited to, general tort litigation, medical and legal malpractice, product liability, employment, and insurance coverage disputes. It has an immediate need for a medical malpractice associate. The ideal candidate should possess 0 to 6 years of experience in medical malpractice defense and litigation. Associates in this role will be expected to independently manage a caseload involving medical malpractice claims, perform legal research, prepare and respond to discovery, take and defend fact witness and expert depositions, draft and argue dispositive motions, and assist with mediation, arbitration, trials and hearings.
If you are looking for a collegial and collaborative working environment and are self-motivated, prepared to take initiative with, and responsibility for, your own cases, and seek to advance your career, please submit your resume, transcript and a recent writing sample as indicated below. Starting salary commensurate with experience.
Qualifications / Skills:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- 0 to 6 years of experience in medical malpractice and defense litigation required. Clerkship experience is a plus.
- Strong academic credentials, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to independently manage a caseload involving medical malpractice claims in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Commitment to professionalism, collegiality and teamwork.
- Admission to the Connecticut State Bar, or a sufficient UBE score to be admitted to the jurisdiction.
Salary Range: $100K – $130K (salary commensurate with experience).
Our Hartford, Connecticut office is located on the eastern side of Hartford’s Downtown area, near Connecticut’s landmark Old State House, with views of the Connecticut River.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, transcript, writing sample and salary requirements (in confidence) to:
Cristin Sheehan, Partner
Morrison Mahoney LLP
One Constitution Plaza, 10th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Facsimile: (860) 541-4883
Morrison Mahoney LLP is an AV-rated law firm with 10 offices in the northeast and is expanding its offices. We offer a challenging but friendly work environment, with true, hands-on experience for newly practicing lawyers, including the handling of trials in our litigation groups. Members of our team enjoy opportunity for advancement, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and a collegial and collaborative work environment.
Working at Morrison Mahoney LLP Provides:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Medical and Vision
- Corporate Discounts
- FSA and HSA Plan Option(s) to help offset Taxes for Employees and Dependents
- 401K Plan/Employer Match
- Group Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Self-Insured Short-Term Disability Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wireless Phone/Services Stipend
Morrison Mahoney LLP is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification, as protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunity extends to all personnel practices.
To apply for this job please visit morrisonmahoney.com.