Website Morrison Mahoney LLP
Morrison Mahoney LLP is an AV-rated law firm with 10 offices in the northeast and is expanding its offices. Members of our team enjoy opportunity for advancement, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and a collegial and collaborative work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees.
Morrison Mahoney LLP is known as one of the preeminent insurance defense law firms in the Northeast which defends and litigates lawsuits across a broad range of practice areas including, but not limited to, general tort litigation, medical and legal malpractice, product liability, employment and insurance coverage disputes. It has an immediate need for litigation associates in its busy litigation practice. An ideal candidate should have 3 – 8 years of experience (however the firm will consider candidates with 1 – 2 years of relevant experience). Associates in this role will be expected to perform legal research, prepare and respond to discovery, take and defend depositions, draft and argue dispositive motions, assist with mediation, arbitration, trials and hearings.
Morrison Mahoney helps new attorneys grow in their careers by offering a detailed and practical associate education program, as well as mentorship and training from experienced and well-respected litigators. If you are looking for a collegial and collaborative working environment and are self-motivated, prepared to take initiative with, and responsibility for, your own cases, and seek to advance your career and develop your experience by handling matters from inception to completion, then submit your resume and a recent writing sample as indicated below. Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- 3 to 8 years of civil litigation experience. Clerkship experience is a plus.
- Strong academic credentials, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to multi-task, and take direction, in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Commitment to professionalism, collegiality and teamwork, along with ability to work independently on various projects.
- Admission to the Connecticut State Bar, or sufficient UBE score to be admitted to the jurisdiction.
Salary Range: $105K – $130K – Commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements (in confidence) to:
Cristin Sheehan, Partner
Morrison Mahoney LLP
One Constitution Plaza, 10th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Facsimile: (860) 541-4883
Morrison Mahoney LLP is an AV-rated law firm with 10 offices in the northeast and is expanding its offices. We offer a challenging but friendly work environment, with true, hands-on experience for newly practicing lawyers, including the handling of trials in our litigation groups. Members of our team enjoy opportunity for advancement, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and a collegial and collaborative work environment.
Working at Morrison Mahoney LLP Provides:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Medical and Vision
- Corporate Discounts
- FSA and HSA Plan Option(s) to help offset Taxes for Employees and Dependents
- 401K Plan/Employer Match
- Group Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Self-Insured Short-Term Disability Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wireless Phone/Services Stipend
Morrison Mahoney LLP is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification, as protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunity extends to all personnel practices.
To apply for this job please visit morrisonmahoney.com.