Sean is an associate in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. He concentrates his practice in the areas of products liability, commercial and business litigation, tort and liability defense, and professional liability and represents non-medical professionals, including attorneys, real estate professionals, designers, engineers and insurance brokers on a variety of malpractice claims. His work ranges from pre-litigation investigations relating to his client’s liability exposure to filing and arguing motions in District and Superior Courts throughout Massachusetts.
Sean joins the firm after working more than a decade as an Assistant Regional Counsel for the Massachusetts Department of Children Families. Prior to his role with the government, he worked as a plaintiff’s attorney for a small Boston personal injury and medical malpractice firm.
While in law school, Sean clerked for Justice David Lowy who was then a Superior Court judge, and now is an Associate Justice on the Supreme Judicial Court.
Sean joins Morrison and Mahoney after sixteen years as a trial attorney. He has extensive courtroom experience, including extensive motion practice and trial experience. He has conducted more than one hundred bench trials. He also has extensive negotiation and client counseling experience. He brings a wealth of experience to his current position as an associate.
Outside of work, Sean is an avid traveler and foodie- a vegan foodie.
- Successfully argued against motion for summary judgment in several premises liability cases
- Successfully argued a Motion to Dismiss a premises liability case against a defendant who moved for dismissal of a case based on the Recreational Use Status defense (M.G.L. c. 17C)
- As co-counsel, successfully negotiated a personal injury settlement in the amount of four-hundred thousand dollars for a minor in a personal injury case
- Successfully argued against a Motion to Dismiss by a national long-term provider on the basis that the Massachusetts Long-Arm Statute granted Massachusetts personal jurisdiction over the out of state corporation
- Won numerous bench trials in care and protection cases resulting termination of parental rights and freeing children for adoption and for guardianship
- Conducted over one hundred complex medical and mental health involved bench trials
Noteworthy Accomplishments, Honors & Awards